So we booked a "charter bus" through a travel agency in Bangkok... Needless to say it wasn't very high high class ;-) After 3 bus switches there and back though we are still alive and doing well!
Pattaya was, interesting nonetheless. Beautiful beaches and Palm trees helped us pass away the last 3 days. We spent a majority of the first day in and by the ocean and quickly realized that we need to be more religious with our "sunscreen"; Burn't feet and my (charissa) blistering face show'd this. But happily we are now on recovery mode thanks to high amounts of aloe vera and aftersun cream.
We were quite shocked at the sex trade and how very prevalent it was in this city. We observed a lot of things that were unsavory. Apparently this is the place to find an asian 'girlfriend' (or ladyboy) and view porn at wee hours of the day. Luckily we did find a brighter side to the city through sitting on the shore reading and watching the young thia babies play in the ocean.
Our ride back in too Bangkok was epic. Three bus switches later we were on our way to Koh san when the bus we were in lost its gears. The fourth 'ghetto' mini van finally got us there. We have found that patience and smiling despite the fustrations of getting around is the mindset we must carry.
We booked last night in a guesthouse called KC for two days. It is nice and clean and the family that runs it is very sweet. We have found that no matter where we go we can find smiles and good food! Tonight we will most likely bask in the evening heat on the roof top garden and sip Chang beer ;-) That is after we accomplish our next mission... Find a good ligit bus ticket to Siem Riep and book our guest house in Cambodia. So far so good ;-)
We will post in a few days if your guys are wondering. We hope you are all doing well!!
Kieran and Charissa xoxox
So lovely to read your words!!! I'm so happy you guys made it safely. I got your blog address last night from Isaac, so happy! I'm so excited for you both, and know that I'm thinking about you! xoxoxoxo, keep smiling! Love Naomi
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are enjoying yourselves!!! It looks beautiful! It sucks I didn't get to see you guys before you left :( :( Miss you! <3 William
ReplyDeleteLovin' the blog, but seriously, you need to post more... Just sayin. "Looks" like you are having fun... I put "looks" in quotes as I haven't actually seen a photo with either of you it it... For all I know you both could be holed up in Victoria and just stealing these photos from Google Images... Hmmm, yes I think that is a plausible theory!
ReplyDeleteAnyhow here is what you have missed since you left:
- Some idiotstick slammed his vehicle into the back of my vehicle on my way to work.
- And Canada just won GOLD!!! Bilodeau is my new hero. We watched it live (on TV that is) and not going to lie, it made me a little misty eyed. GO CANADA!
We are all heading into Van City this week to join in the festivities. I have Dad convinced that we should make huge Olympic rings out of the Christmas lights... I think he is feeling quite patriotic! Haha yah.
Anyhow, love, peace and chicken grease. Stay safe dirt monkeys! LOVE.