Made it down to Sihanoukville! The bus ride yesterday worked out fine, we ended up booking one of the local buses (it was actually pretty nice, the a/c even worked!) After our commute we found a 'french' inspired villa, that is after we ditched our tuk-tuk ;-).....The night was hot with only our fan and bug net bed tent! Regardless I was glad Kier caught the spider that was bunking with us, about as wide as a coffee mug (Ewww!) We also weren't too stoked on the tiny ants making homes in and nearby our bags ;-)
The boat trip over to Kho Russei (Bamboo island) didn't work out for us today because the accomidation there was all full; So we've booked a new place still by the beach to tie us over until tomorow.
The water is warm here, like bath water... But it is simply refreshing to dip in and out while drinking Angkor beer on the shore ;-) I had my toes painted and drawn on yesterday for 2.50$ (i was stoked) and I plan to get my legs threaded today, I saw other laides doing it on the beach yesterday and it looks pretty cool. kier thinks im crazy ;-) (he's thinking of doing his chest tho!) ha!
Check in with you all soon, Take care
xoxox
I couldn't sleep if there were spiders that size in my bed. I notice that you both are in sandals... did you ditch your walking shoes? Getting your legs threaded sounds too painful. Your pic arrived via mail today.
ReplyDeleteWe are enjoying reading your blog and all the pics you have downloaded...
love ya both
hi you 2: great photos!!! looked up this area in the guide...it looks very interesting. hopefully you will find a nice beach to kick back on. remember the sun screen...
ReplyDeletecurious as to what leg threading is all about???
your da/laurie's b'day was fun. lots of different beer tastes from ross & tony and janet's stout cake was delicious! your da/laurie got a really nice osprey day pack from robinson's from me on saturday.
will send a longer e-mail soon. keep having a great adventure!! xo mammy / bridey