Tuesday, February 23, 2010

bamboo island, main beach
leaving for bamboo island ( that's right we had to wade in to board)
the dorm and restaurant, bamboo island
serendipity beach, sihanoukville

What an amazing past couple of days. The trip to Bamboo Island was just what we needed, a perfect getaway doing absolutely nothing but lay around.

We caught a boat over on monday morning, it looked something like a giant canoe with some sketchy motors attached to it ( not very seaworthy looking from shore! but it made it). We puttered through several small islands before we arrived at our secluded tropical bay, what a slice of paradise.

The accommodations where rustic , but fun at the same time. We opted to stay in the large dorm bungalow, as the private bungalows were $20 a night. The first dorm experience went fairly well, no late night hooligans to keep us up. The people on the island were all very relaxed and made for good conversation. We spent most of our time just laying around reading and jumping in and out of the bath tub warm ocean trying to cool ourselves down.

I'm sure we could have stayed for a couple more days, as the R and R was definitely need. Tomorrow we will set off for Saigon in Vietnam, a grueling 10 hr bus ride, we are praying that it all goes allot smoother than our last border crossing experience.
We will post again in a couple of days once we get settled in Vietnam.
Hope you are all well. All our love.
C and K x0x0

2 comments:

  1. wow! looks pretty nice...love the pics of the beach, the sea & the toenails !!! hard to believe you have been gone for 3 weeks today. hope all goes well with the bus trip and border crossing. xo mammy / bridey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! I'm all caught up on the blog, Chariss, thanks for writing! I love it, and love the pics. I hope the traveling goes well, on your way to Vietnam! It sounds like you guys are doing so well, that makes me so happy! 6 more teaching days till Spring Break, still can't believe I've made it this far. Isaac and I are off to Fernie, and then the island. I wish we could run away and come and meet you guys! I CAN'T wait till summer,

    sending my love to you across the ocean! xoxo

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete